Connect to the SIBYLS NX server from Mac/Linux
Eight easy steps to connect to the SIBYLS NX server through the beamline firewall. These instructions will work for OS X and Linux. We've also compiled more detailed instructions when connecting from a Windows PC.
1. Download and Install NoMachine NX Client.
2. Launch the NX Client and create a new connection.
name it whatever you want
3. Under the Advanced Settings check the "Use the NoMachine login" box.
4. Use your SIBYLS computer account username and password. When you connect for the first time I believe you will be prompted to accept the server key. Just click "yes".
5. you will then need to create a new desktop session. Please select Gnome Desktop. We don't have any of the other window managers installed.
6. You are now connected to kona and should have a desktop available to you. You may want to make it fullscreen and set the 1:1 pixel option to make the best use of your monitor.